‘All over France right now, women are talking in hushed reverential tones about a certain Pierre Dukan… he is in fact, currently the biggest name on the French dieting scene.’ (Grazia ).
After some success with the Dukan program, I wanted to post up a The Dukan DietReview.
I first became aware of the diet when it was launched in the UK in 2010 and received extensive coverage in the Daily Mail with the Dukan Diet review feature. I then found the book on Amazon and made my purchase.
It shows you how to lose weight comfortably and teaches you the concepts on true weight loss. To me it has many similarities to the Atkins diet – which no matter what people will say.. Atkins works!
Well the Dukan diet plan was developed over a decade ago by French Medical Doctor Dr. Pierre Dukan. Dr. Pierre Dukan dedicated over thirty five years of his medical life to helping people lose weight permanently. His easy to follow solution offers clear guidelines, no calorie counting and a promise for long term success.
Below is what some of the leading UK Magazines are saying about Dukan..
- ‘The fat attack French women swear by’
- ‘The ultimate diet. The French have kept it secret for years… Today, more than 1.5million women swear by its dramatic – and long-lasting – results.‘ (Daily Mail )
- ‘The secret that keeps French women slim.’ (Bella )
- ‘Politicians, film stars and high-profile models, including Gisele Bundchen and Jennifer Lopez, live the Dukan life.’ (Daily Mail )
- ‘How do you fancy getting the legs and curves of Jennifer Lopez and Gisele Bundchen without having to go on a diet of lettuce? … More than 1.5million French women already swear by the slimming regime devised by nutritionist Dr Pierre Dukan ten years ago.’ (Daily Mirror )
- ‘French women don’t get fat… But now we know the real reason why. for the last ten years, thousands of women across the channel have been following a plan called the Dukan Diet. And the results have been astonishing.‘ (New )
- ‘Want to know why French women seem to be able to enjoy long Mediterranean-style lunches but still stay slim and gorgeous? It’s all down to a diet formula worked out by eminent French doctor Pierre Dukan, based on four different eating phases that follow on from each other but result in speedy weight loss while eating unlimited quantities of real food, six days a week.‘ (Reveal )
About the Diet
The Dukan Diet is a unique 4-phase diet plan which puts together two two steps to lose your weight and two steps to keep it off for good:
For 2-7 days eat as much as you want of 72 protein-rich foods. That is it all protein and a small amount of Bran (book will explain!)
Step 2: Cruise Phase
Continue eating the protein-rich foods with the addition of 28 vegetables.
Step 3: Consolidation Phase
Add fruit, bread, cheese and starchy foods, and 2 celebration meals a week, allowing 5 days for every pound lost.
Step 4: Stabilisation
Eat what you like without regaining weight by following 3 simple rules, including the famous ‘protein Thursdays’ where you just eat protein for the whole day.